Furniture Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Furniture Forum

A great place to find out about furniture!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is leather furniture sticky to sit on in the summer and cold

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jaman2011

Is leather furniture sticky to sit on in the summer and cold Empty
PostSubject: Is leather furniture sticky to sit on in the summer and cold   Is leather furniture sticky to sit on in the summer and cold Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 11:18 am

I am looking at replacing my living room furniture this year and I need some suggestions? First, we have 2 cats (and yes they sometimes scratch the ends of the sofa and loveseat that we have now-in fact it looks horrible) 2. The upholstery fabic we have now has piles all over it? I don't want to go down that road again when we choose new living room furniture. The room it will go in will be sat on constantly (no formal living room in my house) and occasionally napped on. I need suggestions. I not not going to spend a fortune on the new furniture, but I would be willing to spend some extra for it to last for at least 5-7 years (if not longer). Any feedback would be appreciated.

PostSubject: Re: Is leather furniture sticky to sit on in the summer and cold   Is leather furniture sticky to sit on in the summer and cold Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 1:26 am

Yes leather is hot in the summer and cold in the winter. I have leather in the vehicle i drive and put some cloth seat covers on them. If you have cats they will ruin that leather. I have a cat long haired and she sheds on my furniture. I keep a blanket or sheet where she likes to sleep .. Its hard when you have cats. But i had rather have cloth at least you can use one of those sticky roller brushes and get most of it up. I have had the same sectional sleeper sofa for 10 yrs now.and it still looks good....
for more detail on furniture's check the following ......!

bedroom furniture sets
Back to top Go down
jacktaylor709

PostSubject: RE: Is leather furniture sticky to sit on in the summer and    Is leather furniture sticky to sit on in the summer and cold Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 5:29 am

Hi,
Thanks for all the information guys. I am planning to buy some leather stuff for my living room. I am though a bit confused as I was told that the leather material gets sticky during the summers and also needs extra care..Is that so? what else material should I go for if not leather?

Last edited by jacktaylor709 on Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fossy

PostSubject: Re: Is leather furniture sticky to sit on in the summer and cold   Is leather furniture sticky to sit on in the summer and cold Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 7:40 am

Hi, I am agree with you furniture are really very important for home as season wise modern style furniture for home so you may get modern and high quality furniture from patio furniture which offer so many kind of patio furniture like benches, chairs, dining sets, hammocks, umbrellas and other accessories. You can visit for listing at finestpatiofurniture.com and you can also purchase online.

PostSubject: Re: Is leather furniture sticky to sit on in the summer and cold   Is leather furniture sticky to sit on in the summer and cold Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is leather furniture sticky to sit on in the summer and cold
Page 1 of 1